The Women in Aerospace Foundation is offering four scholarships to young accomplished women who are interested in pursuing a career in Aerospace or a related field. The following is a list of the qualifications and requirements:
Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of not less than the equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application, and must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, working towards a bachelor’s degree, and plan to continue to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year
- Interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field
- Entering senior year in the 2019-2020 academic year
- Must be female, of any citizenship or nationality
- High school and college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, or a supervisor of summer or Co-op work experience, or a supervisor of research work. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- 500-1000 word essay answering the following question: Imagine that you are trying to explain to someone with no interest in aerospace why aerospace is important. How would approach this explanation and what would you say?
I have included a link to the scholarship website, as well as to the scholarship application. The application process is now open with a deadline of June 18, 2019. For more info:
Scholarship website link: http://www.womeninaerospacefoundation.org/foundation/
Application link: https://www.womeninaerospace.org/forms/foundation/scholarship_app.pdf