The Women in Aerospace Foundation is once again offering three scholarships to young accomplished women who are interested in pursuing a career in Aerospace or a related field. We believe your student body would greatly benefit from this opportunity, as your institution offers degrees in STEM. The following is a list of the qualifications and requirements:
Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of not less than the equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application, and must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, working towards a bachelor’s degree, and plan to continue to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year
- Interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field
- Entering senior year in the 2016-2017 academic year
- Must be female, of any citizenship or nationality
High school and college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, or a supervisor of summer or Co-op work experience, or a supervisor of research work. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- 500-1000 word essay on why the applicant is interested in aerospace, what she wants to accomplish in her career, and why she deserves the scholarship
- Completed scholarship letter (see below), agreeing to the payment rules
The application process is now open. The new scholarship deadline is June 22, 2016.
Scholarship website link: http://www.womeninaerospacefoundation.org/foundation/
Application link: http://www.womeninaerospace.org/forms/foundation/scholarship_app.pdf