The 2015-2016 HENAAC Scholarship Application is now open through 11:59 PM PST, April 30, 2015.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership through academic achievements and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related majors
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly participate in and promote organizations and activities in the Hispanic community
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing in the HENAAC Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine and press release
- Transportation support to the HENAAC Conference, where Scholars are presented with their scholarship alongside the sponsor. The 2015 HENAAC Conference will be held in Pasadena, CA, from October 14-18, 2015.
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
Application Submission Process:
- Complete the online HENAAC Scholarship Application Form and upload your essay, resume, letters of recommendation, official transcript(s) and photo.
- Documents must be uploaded by 11:59 PM PST on April 30. Paper copies will no longer be accepted.
- An email will be automatically sent verifying receipt of your application. If you do not receive an automatic confirmation, please contact our office.
For more information and to access the guidelines and application please visit the HENAAC website.
For additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, please contact
Dr. Gary Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org