The HENAAC Scholars Program addresses the immense need that the United States has to produce more domestic engineers and scientists. HENAAC has multiple scholarship programs and their awards ranges from $1,000 – $10,000.
Basic Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership through academic achievements and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be Science, Technology, Engineering or Math related majors
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly participate in and promote organizations and activities in the Hispanic community
Each Scholarship Recipient Will Receive:
- A scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing and photo in the HENAAC Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine
- Press release on the Great Minds in STEM website
- Transportation support to the HENAAC Conference. Recipients MUST attend the upcoming HENAAC Conference to receive the scholarship. Scholarships will be presented at the conference alongside the sponsor. The 2014 HENAAC Conference will be held in New Orleans, from October 2-4, 2014.
Online Application Must Include:
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2014. For more information and/or to apply, please visit: http://www.greatmindsinstem.org/college/henaac-scholarship-application-guidelines