Critical Systems, Inc. provides products and services for companies developing micro and nano technologies used in semiconductor chips, solar panels, etc. Critical Systems offers two scholarships per year to 3rd and 4th year undergrad students in the engineering, math, and/or science that are showing an interest in these technologies. This year’s Spring Award application period has now opened!
This scholarship will be awarded to 3rd or 4th year engineering and science students pursuing a career that involves the use of micro and/or nano technologies (MEMS, Solar PV, Thin Film or the like). There are currently 2 scholarships being awarded annually – one Spring Award, and one Fall Award. Each scholarship award is for $1000. The purpose is to help those students to meet the financial requirements as they pursue their degree, over and above any financial aid or other scholarships that they may receive.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for a Breakthrough Technologies Scholarship, students must meet and/or demonstrate the following:
- Current Junior or Senior standing at an accredited United States university
- Official transcripts that confirm a cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0 or higher.
- Enrollment in your school’s college of engineering or material sciences (or equivalent), with at least 12 credit hours completed towards your major.
- Completed at least 6 credit hours of classroom and/or lab work towards your minor/certificate/specialized area of study that utilizes micro and/or nano technologies. These credit hours can be can be part of the overall 12 credit hour requirement.
- Successful completion of the application form and written essays
- Financial situation and/or monetary awards previous scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award
Application Submission Periods: Open periods to submit an application will be as follows:
- Submission Period I (Spring Award): March 15th, 2014 – April 30th, 2014**
- Submission Period II (Fall Award): September 15th, 2014 – October 31st, 2014
For more information and/or to apply visit: http://www.criticalsystemsinc.com/scholarships