The ARIZONA FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (AFMA) is pleased to announce the availability of a minimum of one (1) scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year. This award will be for $2,000: $1,000/fall 2014 and $1,000/spring 2015.
• Applicant may be an undergraduate or a Master’s candidate (include thesis title if applicable) in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in water resources, including surface water hydrology and hydraulics, watershed manage ment, agricultural engineering, geomorphology, or enrolled in a floodplain management accredited program approved by the AFMA Board of Directors.
• Undergraduates must be a minimum of a junior and within 40 credit hours of graduation. Must have a minimum of 6 credit hours in one of the fields of study above by the end of the two semesters for which the scholarship applied. These 6 hours may have been completed or completed during the scholarship period.
• Must be a full-time (12 hours or more for undergraduate or 6 hours or more for graduate) for the duration of the scholarship. Include anticipated semester and year of graduation.
• Must maintain a 3.0 semester and cum GPA for the duration of the scholarship.
• Applicants must be US citizen or permanent resident of US.
• Financial need is not a factor; however, preference may be given to students who meet all above criteria and demonstrate need by incorporating economic circumstances into their written statement.
• Preference will be given to AFMA members.
For additional information about AFMA visit their website at www.azfma.org. Please look over the entire paper application to learn more about what is needed to apply. Application: AFMA_Scholarship_ASU_S14. Deadline to submit application: March 28, 2014