The Women in Aerospace Foundation is offering four scholarships to young accomplished women who are interested in pursuing a career in Aerospace or a related field. We believe your student body would greatly benefit from this opportunity, as your institution offers degrees in STEM. The following is a list of the qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of not less than the equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application, and must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, working towards a bachelor’s degree, and plan to continue to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year
- Interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field
- Entering senior year in the 2018-2019 academic year
- Must be female, of any citizenship or nationality
- High school and college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, or a supervisor of summer or Co-op work experience, or a supervisor of research work. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
- 500-1000 word essay on why the applicant is interested in aerospace, what she wants to accomplish in her career, and why she deserves the scholarship
The application process is now open with a deadline of June 20, 2018.
Scholarship website link: http://www.womeninaerospacefoundation.org/foundation/
Application link: http://www.womeninaerospace.org/forms/foundation/scholarship_app.pdf